Friday 19 July 2013

Threadless Design: Bewilderness.

The following is my entry for the Music for Relief, Creatures of the forest, design competition on Threadless.   The voting is open for four more days, until the 23rd of July, so if you have a moment drop by and give it a vote at http://www.threadless.com/musicforrelief/bewilderness/




The Bear was the first character I drew.  I’d been having ago at illustrating the fairy story Snow White and Red Rose as a present for my granny.  When I read the creatures of the forest brief a few days later I knew that the bear would be perfect for my entry.  It’s been a long time since I've drawn animals, but the bear was great guide for how I wanted them to look stylistically, and he makes a great focal point for the design.  I come from a very rural, forested, area and while I can’t say I've seen wolfs or bears roaming around, I have come across all the others, so I count myself very lucky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment